Thursday, January 22, 2015

Roberto Marquez of Mexico at LaCa Projects



I really love this gallery. It’s always an unexpected treat to attend the openings of the amazing artists that exhibit their extraordinary work at LaCa.



Roberto Marquez is no exception. I think what intrigues me the most about the LaCa Projects is the diversity of work and the special personalities of the artists. So wonderful to have access to the artist and have them be so available.

Roberto Marquez

The artist and a patron

After viewing the paintings and having lengthy conversations with the other patrons, including the gallery owner Walter Dolhare, we spoke with Marquez in depth about his life and the inspirations for his art.



Another art-loving patron

For me, the paintings are a combination of religion and eroticism with turmoil, struggle and personal sadness. We spent some time discussing “Dilemma” which I would love to take home with me so I could see it every day.

“Dilemma” 

Our evening was enchanting and as usual the wine and food were perfection as was the gallery director, Neely Verano, with her charming husband by her side supporting her return from maternity leave. She is perfect for the gallery and so lovely in every way.

Director Neely and Husband

If you can, be sure to visit this extraordinary exhibit. Someone needs to buy my favorite painting so we can keep it here in Charlotte.


The Roberto Marquez exhibit has been extended through March 13, 2015.
www.lacaprojects.com 1429 Bryant Street just off west Summit Ave. 704 837 1688


No comments:

Post a Comment