Monday, November 30, 2015

At the Beach:The Whole Food Mediterranean Grill



In search of excellence, I was cruising down Hwy 17 returning from a fabulous Yoga class at the YMCA on 62nd Ave just inside North Myrtle Beach, 37th Av S. NMB and saw a Whole Food sign. Made a U-turn and came back to discover one of the best restaurants anywhere.

Dimitri

Dimitri and Dino, owners and operators of Whole Food Mediterranean Grill, were serving lunch and told me a little bit about themselves. They moved to the beach to retire from the restaurant business in Long Island NY and got a little bored so decided to open The Whole Food Grill about 4 months ago.

Chef Dino

They are on a couple of travel websites always at the top of the list for Myrtle Beach and NMB for new and fabulous food. A lot of their success is due to the fact they prepare everything fresh and serve organic and natural ingredients. They were so gracious when I told them I wanted to blog about this gem of a find, and they invited me to lunch. Lucky me.

A jewel of a restaurant

I had fresh baked pita bread (all the difference from packaged), homemade organic hummus, falafel cake, oh my to die for, spinach pie. I have had spinach pie before but this was so superior in every way. The organic yogurt sauce was a new taste for me and as I dipped my dolma in the sauce and savored the flavors I knew I had found something big.

dolmadakia with yogurt sauce

They have all the usual Mediterranean dishes, including Gyros and Souvlaki, plus burgers made with organic beef and a variety of meatless burgers.

Egglemon soup

I’ll be going back to try the tofu and sundried tomato burger, Lentil and Beets, Black Bean and Portobello Burger. I could go on about the Dinners, Apps and salads but I will save that as a surprise for you when you stop by and please give them my regards. Isn’t it wonderful when all your taste buds and senses are satisfied with something that is so good for you?

Organic hummas Falafel homemade pita


The Whole Food Mediterranean Grill
3711 Highway 17 South
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
843 273 0805
www.facebook.com/wholefoodmediterraneangrill  

No comments:

Post a Comment